Wednesday 28 December 2016

Winter investigation



The winter is holding its breath, the Nature is hiding the colours. Like all the green, red, blue, yellow and other shades are sucked under the ground. Is the vital life hiding somewhere until it is time to spread over the fields and up in the trees? - to be seen and to be heard again. 

During the Christmas weekend I put on my old boots and went for a walk in the woods. It was windy and I was glad when I got deeper, following the small paths. The further I got, the more protected I felt. There was no decoration, there was no signs of the holiday season. The natural world took it easy, the plants were showing their winter positions. The trees were like statues with their dramatic poses and the grass made deep stretching toward the ground. Some sort of yoga, silent and done with the highest patience. 



Even the days are slowly getting longer again, I totally lost my sense of time when having my dreamy walk. The darkness surprised me and I was supposed to walk back along the country road. The half an hour walk from the forest to the village. There was no pedestrian part, I just walked on the side of the small highway. No street lights and I did not wear any reflectors. I stepped to the side every time I heard a car coming closer. The walk was getting longer than planned and my mind started to create stories. 



The whole empty scenery started to look like a living crime story. I was seeing myself from the outside and how I wanted to get fast home. I saw in my mind how one car would stop and how I would refuse to get inside when offered a ride. I saw myself running through the fields escaping. I saw myself shouting "help" and seeing far away light, people celebrating the christmas in their warm houses. 



When the fear started lurking in my mind and tried to take the charge and when the only evidence of movement was the light line from the passing car. I moved my feet, stopped and let the silence and the darkness whisper the supporting words. I stopped listening my imagination and started to trust in the moment. Enjoying being the only one in that minute whitnessing the beauty of the moment. Like a reindeer or like a wolf, letting myself to be part of the wild world.



The turbulence of mind was getting slower and my eyes got used to the dark shades. The abstract forms of the blowing air and the walking, balancing on a muddy side of the road. One of the nicest moments in this weekend. 







The landscape looked so untouched next morning, like there was no mystery created by human mind. No evidence of the dark side steps. Everything was on the same spot...



like this leave, resting and taking everything as it comes. The year will change soon, the bigger number will be the symbol of the new start and the new set of our seasons. Let it be a good year and full of love, health and respect to every living form in this planet. This means we better investigate and study our possibilities to make things better in our personal lives and with a connection to the environment both locally and globally. Unfortunately we can't just take it as it comes, because the balance between the natural world and the creations of human mind is already shaken and we live in turbulence. But still, with a positive mind and full of hope I wish you a good and a happy new year !!