Thursday 8 October 2015

A piece of cake

I have to say that I've been waiting for the autumn. Every season has something different to offer and I am also a little bit different then. Like I am part of the nature too, experiencing the environment in a new way. Maybe it has something to do with the light. The evenings are getting darker and I seem to need more dramatic colours in my life. More burgundy red, more black, more dark green. For me these months before the new year are important.I look back, I think what I did and which things during the year brought me the joy and which things I learned about myself and other people. In a way the nature gives me the rhythm that I need to follow. 



I have been hunting for the signs of autumn. Wanting so badly to see the trees in different colours. Remembering how everything looked where I come from, when I was a child. I guess that is something that you never forget. How the seasons looked then, how they smelled and how they sounded. That is what I miss the most living abroad, the same feeling as in those familiar places. I think how we adapt to our environment, is the first thing that we learn as a small children...using all our senses. That is also something you want to give to your own children. The freedom to explore, to adapt and the feeling that you belong to that place and with those people where 
you come from. 




Playing at the playground...


Dipping to the sea...





And eating the burgundy coloured cake together.